3/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 C Unbleached All purpose flour
or any combo or GF flour
3/4 C sugar or dates or sweetener of your choice
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 TBS flax meal (optional)
1/2 – 3/4 C chopped walnuts
4 mashed very ripe bananas
Raw apple sauce of 1 apple, or 1/2 C store bought apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla, powdered cardamom, or spices of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and dust* a bundt pan, or 2 loaf pans. If you plan on using a pressure cooker, see instructions below.
- Mix all dry ingredients and combine well.
- Make a well in the center and add mashed bananas and apple sauce little at a time until all dry flour is just incorporated.
- Fold in to combine, and do not over mix. Mixture should be more like a stiff dough. (Fold and cut, fold and cut…)
- Bake at 350F for 45-60 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
*NOTE: DUSTING PAN
We need flour to stick to the surface of the pan. Water works well in place of oil. Just spray or apply water with a silicone brush. Then sprinkle flour on the water surface.
Replace bananas with cranberry-orange zest, zucchini-choc chip or other fruity combos.
Pressure cooker baking:
This cake can be baked in a stove top Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker.
- Line the pressure cooker with 1 inch table salt.
- Let it warm up on medium heat until batter is prepared.
- Put a ring in the center, and arrange cake in another vessel to sit on the ring.
- Cook for 45 mins to 1 hr. Check to see if knife inserted comes out clean.