No oil, one pot method of making a side of veggies in the Instant Pot.
1/4 C water
1/2 a large red onion cut into thin long strips
2 potatoes, cubed
1 big Italian eggplant, cubed
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder or red pepper flakes
1 tsp amchur optional (powdered raw mango) available at an Indian grocery store near you
1 tsp salt
- Layer the first 4 ingredients in the order mentioned above in an Instant Pot.
- Set to High Pressure, Steam & more for 0 min, QPR (Quick Pressure Release).
- Transfer to a serving dish immediately to halt further cooking.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the cooked vegetables. Stir gently to coat spices evenly. Eggplant pieces should retain their shape but ensure that they are cooked.
- Enjoy with rotis, with rice and dal or by itself!
Don’t Know How to use the settings? Check this out.
The first one is red!
This one Below is larger and expensive but does so much more!