2 C yellow corn grits/polenta, millet rawa, or raagi rawa
1-2 T cream of wheat/sooji, (optional)
1 T chickpea flour or besan as thickening agent (optional)
or handvo flour in place of sooji + besan
2 T flax meal
5 small or 2 large zucchini, grated
1 small bottle gourd, grated (doodhi)
1-2 onions, finely chopped (optional)
1-2 tsp dry achar masala (optional) or a Spicy blend of cayenne Pepper, crushed red pepper, red chilli powder
4-5 T dry methi kasoori or 1 C fresh methi leaves (optional)
2 T toasted sesame seeds
1/8 tsp turmeric
1 bunch finely chopped fresh coriander
1 tbs grated ginger
6-8 finely chopped green chilies to taste
3-4 fresh green garlic shoots (optional)
2 tbs lemon juice to taste
1 C plant based yogurt (optional, use water instead)
1/2 – 1C water
Salt to taste
2 ½ tsp Eno Fruit Salt
Dry-roasted curry leaves
Dry-roasted sesame seeds
Dry-roasted mustard seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients well except Fruit Salt. Consistency should be similar to Adai batter (cake batter). Set aside for 2 hrs.
- Mix in Fruit Salt just before placing in the oven. Pour about 1 in. deep in a glass or ceramic pan.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top of batter.
- Bake for 50-60 mins or toothpick comes out clean.
- Broil on high for 1 min. to brown the top or 400F for 1-4 mins.
- Should turn out crispy on the top and bottom.
Recipe courtesy of Anjana!
ENJOY with or without coriander chutney! Makes a great snack, and great for school lunch box!