No oil, one pot method of making a side of veggies in the Instant Pot.
1/4 C water
1/2 a large red onion cut into thin long strips
2 potatoes, cubed
1 big Italian eggplant, cubed
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder or red pepper flakes
1 tsp amchur optional (powdered raw mango) available at an Indian grocery store near you
1 tsp salt
- Layer the first 4 ingredients in the order mentioned above in an Instant Pot.
- Set to High Pressure, Steam & more for 0 min, QPR (Quick Pressure Release).
- Transfer to a serving dish immediately to halt further cooking.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the cooked vegetables. Stir gently to coat spices evenly. Eggplant pieces should retain their shape but ensure that they are cooked.
- Enjoy with rotis, with rice and dal or by itself!