1 C Old fashioned rolled Oats
1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1 TBS Lemon juice
2 TBS chopped cilantro
1 TBS dry roasted peanuts or seeds of your choice
Salt to taste
Vegetables of your choice: 1/2 – 1 C each:
Onions, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, baby lima beans, peas, corn, carrots, edamame, red cabbage, cabbage, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, greens (spinach, collard greens, chard etc.)
1. Dice the vegetables and set aside.
2. Rinse the oats under running water in a colander and set aside.
3. Saute chopped onions in a hot pan until cooked. Add vegetables based on the cooking time. Add vegetables that take longest to cook, first. Like carrots, lima beans, etc. Cook these for 2-3 mins then add all other vegetables based on their cooking time.
Add a TBS of water as necessary to ensure the onions or vegetables dont stick to the pan.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked al dante, add the rinsed oats. Add 3/4 C water.
5. Add chopped ginger, salt and cover and cook for 4-5 mins.
6. Garnish with lime or lemon juice and chopped cilantro
7. Enjoy as a snack of a whole meal!