• 2 C Yellow Corn Grits/Polenta (Bobs Red Mill brand) or Millet Rawa or Raagi Rawa
• 1-2 TBS Cream of Wheat (Sooji Optional)
• 1 TBS Chick pea flour or besan as thickening agent (optional)
Or Handva Flour in place of Sooji + Besan
• 2 TBS Flax Meal
• 5 small or 2 large Grated Zucchini
• 1 small Grated Bottle Gourd (Doodhi)
• 1-2 Finely Chopped Onions (Optional)
Masala or Spice Mix:
• 1-2 tsp Dry Achar masala (Optional) or a Spicy blend of Cayenne Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Red Chili Powder
• 4-5 TBS Dry Methi Kasoori (optional) or 1 C fresh methi leaves
• 2 TBS Toasted Sesame Seeds
• 1/8 Tsp Turmeric
• 1 bunch finely chopped Fresh Coriander
• 1 TBS Grated Ginger
• 6-8 Finely Chopped Green chilies to taste
• Fresh Green Garlic shoots (optional)
• ~2 TBS Lemon juice to taste
• 1 Cup Plant based Yogurt (optional, use water instead)
• ~1/2 – 1C Water
• Salt to taste
• 2 ½ tsp Eno Fruit Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all above ingredients well except Eno Fruit Salt. Consistency should be similar to Adai batter (cake batter). Set aside for 2 hrs.
- Add Eno Fruit Salt just before placing in the oven. Pour about 1 in. deep in a glass or ceramic pan.
- Sprinkle Seasoning on top of batter: Dry Roast Curry leaves, sesame seeds, mustard seeds, and hing (asafoetida)
- Bake for 50-60 mins or toothpick comes out clean
- Broil on High for 1 min. to brown the top or 400F for 1-4 mins.
- Should turn out Crispy at the bottom and crispy on top
Recipe courtsey Anjana!
ENJOY with or without Coriander Chutney! Makes a great Snack! Great for school lunch box!