2 C yellow corn grits/polenta (Bobs Red Mill brand), millet rawa, or raagi rawa
1-2 tbs cream of wheat (Sooji, Optional)
1 TBS chickpea flour or besan as thickening agent (optional)
Or handva flour in place of Sooji + Besan
2 tbs flax meal
5 small or 2 large zucchini, grated
1 small bottle gourd, grated (Doodhi)
1-2 onions, finely chopped (Optional)
1-2 tsp dry achar masala (Optional) or a Spicy blend of Cayenne Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Red Chili Powder
4-5 tbs dry methi kasoori or 1 C fresh methi leaves (optional)
2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
1/8 tsp turmeric
1 bunch finely chopped fresh coriander
1 tbs grated ginger
6-8 finely chopped green chilies to taste
3-4 Fresh green garlic shoots (optional)
2 tbs lemon juice to taste
1 C plant based yogurt (optional, use water instead)
1/2 – 1C water
Salt to taste
2 ½ tsp Eno Fruit Salt
Dry roasted curry leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all above ingredients well except Fruit Salt. Consistency should be similar to Adai batter (cake batter). Set aside for 2 hrs.
- Mix in Fruit Salt just before placing in the oven. Pour about 1 in. deep in a glass or ceramic pan.
- Sprinkle Seasoning on top of batter
- Bake for 50-60 mins or toothpick comes out clean
- Broil on High for 1 min. to brown the top or 400F for 1-4 mins.
- Should turn out crispy on the top and bottom
Recipe courtsey Anjana!
ENJOY with or without Coriander Chutney! Makes a great snack, and great for school lunch box!